cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Quality of signal of pcmcia card

terry
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2 340 ap's. I have 2 340 pcmcia cards. One of the cards I have has been sent back 3 times because of bad quality on card. I got new one and it has same problem. So I put in other 340 pcmcia card and signal and quality are excellent. So then I flash upgraded both ap's and both pcmcia cards. Now both of cards have a quality problem. Anybody know what is up with this?

terry

5 Replies 5

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

You might have Cisco’s tac team go over your topology and radio design. It could just be interference. Are you using any other 2.4 GHz devices (phones, video senders, etc.) We converted out wireless phones back to 900 MHz spread spectrum to clear the 2.4 Frequencies for our wireless deployment. There are optional antenna’s available too. Cisco can help with these things.

jdpratt
Level 1
Level 1

Check your neighbors building for microwave antenna's. We had a neighbor shoot microwave over our building and killed off our AP's. The neighbor had to change his antenna orientation to solve this.

terry
Level 1
Level 1

found problem. there is a bug in acu software for version that was running. caused a misreporting of quality.

terry

What did you do to resolve?

I have seen this also. This is resolved through simply updating the client utilities to a newer version. The error is not really a performance issue, it just displays wrong in the utilities.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: