Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions about access points

Ins0mnia365
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I want to start broadcasting not only at a 2.4 ghz but also to 5.0 ghz. I have several access points from Cisco (The 1130AG), we already broadcast 2 SSIDS however we would like to increase it to atleast 3. With one at 5.0GHZ.

Since we have a capacity problem we also want to add 1 more access point (The 1600i or 1602) however we have no idea how many users these 2 can support or that this machine can broadcast atleast 3 SSID's on 2 bands.

With regards.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "Wireless". You can move your posting using the Actions panel on the right.

Thank you, moved it to Wireless, sorry about that

Do you have a WLC to manage it or do you deploy these as Autonomous ? AP can support ~200 clients but problem would be if that many clients connects to a singal AP what is the throughput get by a signle client

So when designing wireless we will keep max 30-40 clients per AP & add more APs if you require density.

HTH

Rasika

Design should be towards the following (non-HD)

20-25 data

14 - voice

7-8 video

now, can an AP handle more than that, yes.  But be preparred to have users complain.

You do need to take into account how many users, and what types of applications are expected to be used in the environment

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

John keep in mind the wireless channel is a half duplex medium.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card