cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"config interface group" commands not in "show run-config commands"

stokke
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a reason why my configured interface group don't show up when I run a 'show run-config commands" on my WLC?

To specify: If I run "show interface group summary", this will be the output:

(WiSM-slot4-2) >show interface group summary

Interface Group Name             Total Interfaces  Total Wlans  Total AP Groups  Quarantine

-------------------------------- ----------------  -----------  ---------------  ----------

group1                                     5              1              0              No

But if I do a "show run-config commands" and browse through the output, there is no sign of any "interface group" commands there.

Does this mean that some of the features you can configure on a WLC don't necessarily show up in running config?

I'm running on software version 7.0.220.0.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

Is it in the "show run-config" output? or the Backup config?

It would not surprise me one bit if this wasn't added to the list of " show run-config commands"..... and if thats a true statement, then I suppose its a "bug" but I wouldnt give it any priority.   If its not in the "show run-config", which is the primary output for config support, then I would consider that a bigger issue...

If it is not in the backup config, then that needs to be fixed asap as the backup config is the closest thing to a real "show running-config" that you might see in IOS.  But I am going to assune it is not missing from the backup config.....

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

Is it in the "show run-config" output? or the Backup config?

It would not surprise me one bit if this wasn't added to the list of " show run-config commands"..... and if thats a true statement, then I suppose its a "bug" but I wouldnt give it any priority.   If its not in the "show run-config", which is the primary output for config support, then I would consider that a bigger issue...

If it is not in the backup config, then that needs to be fixed asap as the backup config is the closest thing to a real "show running-config" that you might see in IOS.  But I am going to assune it is not missing from the backup config.....

Thanks Weterry. It is in the "show run-config" and the backup configuration.

But I honestly thought that this would be like in IOS, that "show run-config commands" and backup configuration would be the same. Now I see that it doesn't.

So the conclusion is that not everything is in "show run-config commands". Now I know and from now on I'll check the backup config in similar cases.

Thanks again.

It clearly should be addressed.  Can you file a TAC Case to have it corrected (maybe its already known, but this will get you linked to it).

As far as run-config commands  vs the backup config, thats a whole other topic of debate. I know I've heard numerous people complain about that,  so I'd also be curious if it is officially tracked as a customer enhancement request (to have a "show run-config commands" actually show you something that would be on-par with an ios running-config. Might bring that up in your tac case too

Hi again.

Sorry for the delayed reply, but I'm currently seeing other commands that should have been in "show run-config commands" as well. So I am trying to get them all prior to filing a TAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card