Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

"Finding Domain Controller" logon error.

We are experiencing a problem during LEAP logon, whereby when it gets to the stage of "Finding Domain Controller" it takes around 45 seconds for this to complete - therefore logon times are quite long an complaints begin. The latest version of client software is being used (ACU 6.1) on Windows XP.

I have found other posts outlining this problem but none seem to offer a solution. Has anyone discovered, or know of a solution to this problem ?

4 REPLIES

Re: "Finding Domain Controller" logon error.

I have raised this issue with Cisco a couple times before, but I have yet to get a answer besides, "it's a bug we are working on it." If you do not mind user intervention, you can hit cancel when it gets to "Finding Domain Controller", because at that point you are already logged in. It will take you straight to the desktop.

The fix is in the next release. I am being told that this code should be released anyday now.

I have this problem as well.. I have installed latest firmware and ACU software.. Finding Domain Controller on the LEAP Authentication page takes up to a minute..

Any one else having this issue still, or any resolutions?

thanks

mike

ACU 6.2 addressed the problem for us. If ACU 6.2 doesn't work for you, try reducing the LEAP authentication timeout value to something smaller than its default of 90s. It will make it more tolerable.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content