Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Radio interface

I am trying to get a DD-WRT router to function as a client bridge on a wireless network off of a 871 router. When the DD-WRT device is configured, you can ping the device from ANY other device on the network except for the 871 and the devices behind the 871 have no internet access. I was thinking that the bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source command on the radio interface might be the problem but it cannot be removed and is an automatic command.

Does anyone know of a way to either remove this command or to have the bridged device MAC be 'learned'?

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Radio interface

Bridge-group block-unknown-source configuration interface command to block traffic from unknown MAC addresses on a specific interface. Use the no form of the command to disable unknown source blocking on a specific interface.

i.e. :

no bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source

The problem is that that command won't take. When entered it reports back:

no bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source not allowed on Dot11Radio0 interface

Silver

What's a DD-WRT router? It looks like you're using an 871 with a wireless module. Are you trying to bridge something non-Cisco off of the 871? If not, what exactly are you doing, and what are you using each device for? Is the 871 a remote router that has clients hanging off of it that need to pass over a WAN link of some kind to get to the Internet?

Try applying your command to a subinterface if you have multiple VLANs. Otherwise, if you'd like to post some more information, I'd be glad to help if I can.

Views
Helpful
Replies