Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Radius dead-time

Hi,

At one of our sites we regularly have problems that the access-points can't connect to the radius server in the central site. My collegue configured the aaa dead-time but this gave no difference.

This is the error message :

10:02:14 bstonw53 RADIUS-4-RADIUS_DEAD: RADIUS server 10.161.5.22:1812,1813 is not responding.

10:02:14 bstonw53 RADIUS-4-RADIUS_ALIVE: RADIUS server 10.161.5.22:1812,1813 has returned.

Within a second he claims that the radius server is dead en alive again .

We are pretty sure that the line is under heavy load but tried to resolve it with the aaa dead-time configuration.

aaa group server radius rad_eap

aaa group server radius rad_mac

aaa group server radius rad_acct

aaa group server radius rad_admin

aaa group server radius rad_pmip

aaa group server radius dummy

ip radius source-interface BVI1

radius-server attribute 32 include-in-access-req format %h

radius-server dead-criteria tries 5

radius-server host 10.161.5.22 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813 key xxx

radius-server host 10.161.5.21 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813 key xxx

radius-server retransmit 20

radius-server timeout 20

radius-server vsa send accounting

Can somebody help me with the radius configuration ?

gr

wim

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Radius dead-time

Have you looke over this doc:

http://cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_example09186a00801bd035.shtml

I have seen this before... take a look at the radius server log. that shows alot more. Also do a debug on the ap and post what that shows.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content