Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Associations of BR350 network

The BR350's that we are using are re-associating every 12 seconds or so. This is causing fluctuating ping times and some lost packets. Association is not being lost but just re-associated.

Has anyone experienced this problem, if it is a problem? What can we do to correct?

Signal level is about 80% and Signal Quality is 90-100%

We are using the latest firmware (11.21) as of 2 weeks ago.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES

Re: Re-Associations of BR350 network

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center (http://www.cisco.com/tac) or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

Double check your configuration settings and set up a syslog server. You should be able to troubleshoot once you have the logs. Could be as simple as a misconfiguration or as complicated as something interfering with the radios.

...Todd.

Is this with just one AP?

Change your retry values at the client and the AP to the max to see if you can 'hang onto' the AP longer, then adjust down.

You can use the Carrier Test to watch for high noise values. I never run ACU in % mode because the information is near meaningless - it tells you % quality based on signal minus noise. If you are close to the AP, the signal is so strong that even a high noise value is masked. Use the dBm mode and compare number to the APs Carrier Test.

Matthew Wheeler

www.BlueModal.com

We are having the same problem. After a long troubleshooting period with Cisco and swapping every piece of gear, a different tech said that the must be too much radio traffic in the area due to the large number of retries and duplicate packets. We actually had the bridge drop association for small time periods. People moved out of the building for other reasons, but I would like to get it working properly. Please let me know if you come across a fix.

sm.feldmann@hosp.wisc.edu

To: all that responded

Our problem turned out to be a bad Bridge in the network, we replaced the unit and gained a good 20% in signal level. and the re-Association problem was corrected.

Sorry I did not respond sooner, I went on vacation after we fixed the problem :)

Thanks

I've experienced similar problems in a point to point link on BR 350 devices with V11.10t1 or 11.21firmware. I had good site survey values on radio side, the carrier test have been done, a fixed channel have been configured, and nevertheless I had ping fluctuations. Later I've used auto sensing on radio side to see if the bridge tryes to change itself the channel in despite of the satisfying site survey and I've seen that it was

Today I've opened a case on the TAC because the relationship with the customer is going to be critical and Cisco could not provide any significant help....

Further I've seen that the use of Wep 128 + Mic + Tkip features did not work properly and were not reliable. The link was broken every time I'd used this security features with this firmware versions.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content