Views
Helpful
Replies

recommended upgrade for 4.0 versions

erik.estrada
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

In 3.0 I learned that some versions created various issues. One of the recommended versions was 3.2.150.10.

With a 4.0 WCS and 3.0 controllers. What are the recommendations as to a version that is relatively stable to upgrade the controllers to?

WCS is 4.0.81.0

Thanks!

Erik

3 Replies 3

Hi Erik, i tested it with various Versions 2 weeks ago, from 4.0.179 to 3.2, back to 4.0.206, it works very well (i recommend to use 4.0.206). Also you can update the WCS, back it up, de-install it, install 4.0.96 and restore the database, the license should be also restored. Regards, Michael

I asked my Cisco rep this same question recently and they responded that 4.0.179.11 is the most stable version of current code. 4.0.206 currently has some bugs (according to TAC), although I haven't found them on the bug tracker.

I have posted a list from TAC in the following thread:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Wireless%20-%20Mobility&topic=General&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dddbbfd

There is an emergency release on its way Mar/Apr 2007.

- John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card