Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

recommended upgrade for 4.0 versions

Hello All,

In 3.0 I learned that some versions created various issues. One of the recommended versions was 3.2.150.10.

With a 4.0 WCS and 3.0 controllers. What are the recommendations as to a version that is relatively stable to upgrade the controllers to?

WCS is 4.0.81.0

Thanks!

Erik

3 REPLIES

Re: recommended upgrade for 4.0 versions

Hi Erik, i tested it with various Versions 2 weeks ago, from 4.0.179 to 3.2, back to 4.0.206, it works very well (i recommend to use 4.0.206). Also you can update the WCS, back it up, de-install it, install 4.0.96 and restore the database, the license should be also restored. Regards, Michael

I asked my Cisco rep this same question recently and they responded that 4.0.179.11 is the most stable version of current code. 4.0.206 currently has some bugs (according to TAC), although I haven't found them on the bug tracker.

Silver

I have posted a list from TAC in the following thread:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Wireless%20-%20Mobility&topic=General&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dddbbfd

There is an emergency release on its way Mar/Apr 2007.

- John

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content