Views
Helpful
Replies

Reduce unwanted wireless coverage

CB90021204
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I noticed that the wireless networks in my building are broadcasting further than I would like e.g. They are broadcasting into the buildings across the road from my building.

I have Cisco wireless controllers/APs and Prime infrastructure installed using maps for wireless coverage.  From a security perspective, I don't want people to be able to connect outside of my building or be able to see my wireless networks so they could have a crack at hacking.

What is the best approach for reducing the size of the wireless cell or preventing users from being able to connect outside my building.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disable the data rates of your 802.11 a/b radios.   Disable from 1 Mbps to 11 Mbps.  Make 18 Mbps as Mandatory and the rest as Supported. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disable the data rates of your 802.11 a/b radios.   Disable from 1 Mbps to 11 Mbps.  Make 18 Mbps as Mandatory and the rest as Supported. 

Thanks Leo

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Disable the data rates of your 802.11 a/b radios from 1 Mbps to 11 Mbps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card