cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Repeater with 851w

mspiegelman
Level 1
Level 1

I am interested in setting up a repeated wireless network using an 851w and an 1121. The documentation for the 1121 specifically discusses repeater mode. The 851w documentation doesn't specifiaclly talk about repeater mode but it does have the command station-role [root, repeater]. Will these devices work together in repeater mode?

Also, what are the likely complications of having a client that does not support Aironet extensions? Is Aironet extensions the same as CCX? If so, what version of CCX is required?

2 Replies 2

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

The 850 series ISR will support repeater mode of operation. So you should be able to have the 1121 and 851 ISR acting as repeaters in your WLAN network.

The effect of not have Aironet extensions in your client is that, some of the cisco specific features will not be supported. And about CCX, its the cisco compatible extensions program where third party clients are tested with cisco products for compatibility. Each CCX version defines the features that will be supported by the client with the cisco products. For a complete list of products and the CCX version read the information available at http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/pr46/pr147/partners_pgm_concept_home.html

Are you aware of which "cisco specific feature" will not be supported if I have a non ccx device associated to a repeated network? I need to make sure my clients will be able to associate. Also, do you know which version of ccx is required for repeater mode?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card