cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacement for 350 PCMCIA w/external antenna

jstoeckel
Level 1
Level 1

Now that Cisco is no longer selling the 350 PCMCIA card which accepts an external antenna, does anyone know of a good replacement? We have an outdoor environment whith lots of roaming between APs (this the Cisco card was ideal). I want to stay away from the intel chipset (due to its poor performance).

Thanks in advance

Jim

2 Replies 2

vsnl_chennai
Level 1
Level 1

hi Jim ,

A very good replacement is Proxim wireless Ornico card , which support externel antennas .

Regards ,

BP Tiwari

73miojames
Level 1
Level 1

hi,its true cisco cards are very good cards,coz i have 2 of them,the pcm352 series has its its own built-in antenna inside but you cannot connect an external antenna,you can find them on ebay pci3xx series is cheaper than air-pcm3xx,choose the air-pci350 for desktop pc and then just remove the card from the pci-board then you will see the card model is air-lmc352 it has 2 diversity antenna connector for mmcx,you can plug it in your laptop but be sure to intall its driver from cisco.it works for my laptop now for 5 months.i also modified it to rpsma connector for rubber duck antennas.goodluck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: