Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Replacing a WLC

I have a WLC that I need to replace with one that supports more APs. I have configured the new controller identically to the one I am replacing. When I put it into the network only 9 of the 12 APs connected, and all of the radios were showing down. Any thoughts on what I may have missed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Replacing a WLC

You need to enable the radios on the wlc. If you go to wireless | 802.11a/n or 802.11b/g/n, there is a setting to globally enable the radio.

Is the other 3 ap's still on the other wlc?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
4 REPLIES

You need to enable the radios on the wlc. If you go to wireless | 802.11a/n or 802.11b/g/n, there is a setting to globally enable the radio.

Is the other 3 ap's still on the other wlc?

-Scott

I will check to make sure the radios are enabled. When I first attempted this, I took down the wlc the APs registered with and replaced it, so there is only 1 wlc in the network at any given time.

the remaining APs that would not register all had self signed certs, I had to add them to the AP policy.

Okay... so they are up and running now?

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies