cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reports in WCS or WiSM

klgodfrey
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to print reports about various information in the Wism or WCS? I would like to have a hard copy to carry around while I check APs and locations. I cant't seem to find anything in the manuals about actually printing reports.

thanks,

Konrad

3 Replies 3

k.links
Level 1
Level 1

There are a number of reports available directly from WCS. The documentation leaves a bit to be desired.

Choose Monitor > Reports to access the Reports page. This page enables you to specify data to be generated in reports about Cisco WLAN Solution system information.

Reports Types:

Client Count

Radio Utilization

Tx Power & Channel

Profile Status

802.11 Counters

Voice Statistics

Busiest APs

Busiest Clients

example report:

Top 5 Busiest APs in the System for last 1 hour(s) for 802.11b/g protocol

AP Name Location Total Util RX Util TX Util Channel Util

AP1200 2401-2-3 15.0 % 7.0 % 3.0 % 5.0 %

AP1200 MAB5-1 11.0 % 6.0 % 1.0 % 4.0 %

AP1200 2401-1-3 10.0 % 5.0 % 2.0 % 3.0 %

AP1200 2401-4-1 10.0 % 5.0 % 1.0 % 4.0 %

AP1200 2401-4-3 9.0 % 5.0 % 1.0 % 3.0 %

Kyle

Those reports I have. What am I am actually looking for is some way to get a hard copy list of the Access Points like they are listed on the Wism under the "Wireless" tab, or radio and ethernet address on the same page for each access point. I would like to do the same for the client pages under Wireless also. So, far, I am having to perform "Print Screens" to get information I want. I have people that want to see numbers, radios, etc in some simple format. I have a feeling I am going to have to enter a lot of this stuff manually. I was wondering if I can access these dbases from the command line?

konrad

I think your best bet will be command-line. Here are a few comparable commands:

show ap summary

show advanced 802.11a summary

show advanced 802.11b summary

Monitor->wireless->clients is similar to

show client summary

If you're looking for things like client count per ssid, things like that, I tend to just use SNMP queries and put them in MRTG or something similar that can take custom MIBs.

If you can list your specific requirements I will add any commands I know of.

-Eric

Please remember to rate all helpful posts.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card