Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Required a Solution

My network is spread over two remote buildings and the distance between them is nearly 800m.I want to connect the Lan of both building by Aironet 340.Each building have 80 nodes or in future it would be expended.

Now I need a solution and physical network connectivity diagram regarding above scnerio.I have a solution but I have not any idea about the Aironet connectivity on Lan.I mean I need the network diagram that how to connect our Lan to Airnet 340.Since we are using 1800 series cisco switches for nodes connectivity.

Can any one tell me the actual solution for it and network diagram for this solution espetially the Lan connectivity with Aironet 340.

Kindly you can send me email at gul_khan_99@yahoo.com and I am very thankful to you.

3 Replies 3

ohio_wireless
Level 1
Level 1

The BR342 is a bridge that connects directly to an ethernet segment, whether on a switch or other ethernet port. One BR342 on each side, and it will make an RF connection between the two ethernet segments. The two segments will become the same segment.

Look at the information you can find at http://wwwin.cisco.com/comlob/eag/aironet/collateral.html page and look for the 340 bridge series information.

Can Br342 support this? because both of the building with 80 users. I though Br342 can support for 8 users only.

That's the workgroup bridge. the one you want is the Ethernet bridge.

Tony

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card