cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Response times (PING) very high with CAP3602i access point

enrique.tomas
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed an access point CAP3602i in mode HREAP a controller Model 5508  with version 7.4.100.0 but the response times of the connected users are very high.

The less users are connected to the access point is faster surfing the internet and response times are low. But if there are many users connected, increase response times.

I'll be grateful someone comments any experience with this problem.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Are these doing H-REAP local switching ? what is the ping normal response time you get ?

Rasika

Response times are usually 1, 2, 3ms .. but with these aps are 700... 500..300ms when more users connect, the response times rise

Hi,

Again, is the SSID local switching?

and how many clients are we talking about? what kind of applications they use?

if you use bandwidth contracts on the WLAN, would that be helpful?

generally speaking, the wireless is a shared medium, so clients affect each others performance.

We are talking about 15 users per AP, but that everything is surfing the internet and not so heavy downloads before aps 1141 and had had no such problem response times were normal between 2,3,4 ms

There is performing some function more cap3602i ap causes high response times.

Supposedly CAP3602i I say are better than the 1141, which is why we made the change but we found with surprise that high times.

The SSID was HREAP doubt it has anything to do with the 1141 does not give the issue of high times.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card