Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Roaming problem

I've confured a new site with 4 radiobases AIR-AP1231G-E-K9 c1200-k9w7-tar.123-8.JA2.

No Vlan, WPA, TKIP,(The same config as many other sites).Authenticating to a central Radius.

My problem is that I cant move around whithout losing the connection. I have a very good signal from the bases.

The only thing that is diffrent from the other sites is that here Im using a Cisco express 500-TT and the other sites have 2900 and 3500 switches.

Im getting an errormessage from the switch "Access denied to one or more connecting devices on this port." when Im moving around.

Or is the signal to strong (Dont thinks so)

When Im roaming over to a new base I loosing connection to the network. But if I do repair on my laptop the new base gets to be the active one......

Greatfull for help

Killroy

5 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Roaming problem

do you have 802.1x authentication enabled? if so, try it without this enabled to see if you get better results.

all APs are the same? with same IOS? it looks that way from what you put.

are all APs configured for the same frequencies? 802.11A, B or G?

I think Ive tried the 802.1x Im not shure.

Try that one when I get there again.

Killroy,

for me it looks like a port-security issue on the CE500. This should be the reason for the "Access Denied..."-Message.

Joachim

My current portsetting for the AP:s is Access point. Could be something with the port rule.

Ill try with the "Desktop" rule withoute vlan?!?

Yes it looks that way.

When I get roamed over to a new AP I get authenticated and have connection after a few second I lose my connection to the network but have still connection to the AP and Im authenticated. And I loose my IP address.

If I do repair in my laptop I get back my IP address and the Cisco Express 500 TT have a critical error on the interface for the new AP.

"Access denied to one or more connecting devices on this port."

Seem like a rule problem but there isnt very much configurationoptions on the 500!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content