cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rogue Detection (LWAPP):

colmgrier
Level 1
Level 1

What port config should be used for a LWAPP in 'rogue detection'.

Should this be a trunk port or an access port.

Please advise.

4 Replies 4

jeromehenry_2
Level 3
Level 3

It has to be a trunk, because the rogue detector is used to detect the ARP requests, so you need to connect it to a trunk so that all ARP requests from all VLANs are detected.

Hope it helps

Jerome

PS: please also check in this forum, there were a couple of threads about how to configure this AP and its trunk port.

Jerome... great response... I did not know that ... thanks for sharing ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

What native VLAN will I use for the trunk port. The WLC is currently using VLAN 50 as native VLAN.

Hello,

I've also been trying this out with mixed results! I found that when the Rogue Detector's trunk had the native VLAN set to the same as the WLC's management interface it worked fine. However, when set to the local VLAN that the AP would normally reside in (seeing as I wanted to retain an L3 topology) it would not discover that a test rogue was on the LAN. Any ideas????

Thanks

Rich

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card