Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

RRM changes in 6.0.188.0?

Hi,

Anyone aware of any changes to RRM defaults or the RRM algorithm in 6.0.188.0 from 6.0.182.0?  I re-read the release notes and don't see anything that seems relevant...

I upgraded a couple 5508s over the weekend and have had 321 channel changes (70 total 1250 APs) and it reduced the number of APs at full-power by about 50% (in both bands).  Prior to the upgrade I'd see maybe one RRM event every week or two.

1 REPLY

Re: RRM changes in 6.0.188.0?

Thus the reason i wont lead with RRM in my deployments, I do it the old fashion way ... STATIC power and channel.

I upgraded to .188 myself. I noticed out of the gate with RRM on the controller had all the APs at power 1 and only selected 5 channels and all the channels were set in DCA.

Who knows..

I dont like RRM..

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content