Views
Helpful
Replies

Same Interface Groups on Multiple Controllers

amdecerbo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has experienced any issues running the same interface groups across multiple controllers? If so, is this considered a bad practice?

As an example, let's say we have 4 WLC controllers and 8 /24 subnets. Each controller would be configured to have an "Interface" (Each with a unique IP address) in each of the 8 subnets. After configuring all the controllers with an interface for each of the 8 subnets you then create an Interface Group on each controller and place all 8 subnets into that group, thereby creating identical interface groups on each of the 4 controllers. The end result would allow end clients to be assigned into any one of the 8 subnets from any of the 4 controllers.  

I have been unable to find any documentation regarding this configuration so any input would be greatly appreciated. Also, I tried to be as clear as possible but if anyone needs clarification please let me know.     

Thanks,

-anthony          

3 Replies 3

Hi Anthony,

Your configuration is perfectly alright...

Here is some of my notes on this feature..may be helpful to you

http://mrncciew.com/2013/01/27/understanding-vlan-select-feature/

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That's what I would do. As long as you have a subnet large enough to support the clients count it will work with no issues.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

What you are doing is perfectly alright.

Here is some of my notes may help you as well

http://mrncciew.com/2013/01/27/understanding-vlan-select-feature/

HTH

Rasika

*** Please rate all useful responses ****

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: