Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Scan not picking up AP

I have a Cisco AP that Cisco Aironet adapter is no longer picking up with Scan. My internal Intel wireless card can pick up the AP, others using their Cisco cards can, and my Cisco card in another laptop can pick up the AP. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software for the Cisco card, still a problem. What could be wrong?

3 REPLIES

Re: Scan not picking up AP

Can you try it out using another laptop? Something may be wrong with the PC card slot.

Actually, I've tried the card in another laptop and it worked fine. Yesterday, I imported a config file I saved off months ago and it worked fine. Now, today without any modifications, it's not working. I agree, something has to be wrong with the PC card slot.

I experienced a similar issue and always used the 2nd PCMCIA slot, but after a HDD crash and complete rebuild I found the first slot worked. This suggests the drivers for the first slot were faulty. Try replacing the drivers for the faulty slot.

Views
Helpful
Replies