Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scheduled configuration backup of wlc4400

Hi,

has anyone found a method to do scheduled configuration backups without WCS ? I wonder if it is possible to do scheduled backups when only using a standalone wlc4400 without WCS.

rolf

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: scheduled configuration backup of wlc4400

Hello Rolf,

Unfortunately there is not a way to schedule configuration backups without the use of WCS. I haven't seen any other way to schedule this event. Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Aaron

It is possible, but not natively on the WLC itself.

If you have a Unix box with Bash and Cron on it (Any Linux/BSD/Solaris/etc just about), you could run this script if the SNMP tools are installed.

I haven't really tested this much, I just hacked it together real quick after sniffing WCS' sending out a config backup..

Anyway, have at it... I didn't bother to open the MIB definition file to see if I needed to use all of these commands.. but it works. Stick it in a cronjob, configure the first few lines.. and call it a night.

If/When they delete the attachment, you can grab it from

http://www.unifiedwifi.com/backup_v1.sh

Silver

Hi Rolf,

from Windows i use TeraTerm (older Terminal freeware). Thius program has a buil-in macro ability which let you write a macro for logging into the controller and issue commands.

http://www.ayera.com/teraterm/

This is a modified release from the original one (link to the original source is given on the web page).

The create a scheduled task and start at a given time the macro.

Best regards,

Frank

Hi,

thanks for the tip. I will investigate both options along with Kiwi Cattools (www.kiwisyslog.com)

regards rolf

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content