cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SDm won't launch/ NAT problems

roguerose
Level 1
Level 1

I am using a Cisco 857 router and attempted to acces Xbox live last night. I was told i needed to change the NAT settings from moderate to open.

I am a complete computer novice but i downloaded Cisco SDM hoping to change NAT using that.

Unfortunately I even have a problem with this first step. When i try and launch SDM it asks for the IP address which according to my settings is 192.168.0.5 but when i type this in it says it cant launch as its not a valid IP address or is unreachable.

Does anyone know what the problem could be. All i want to do is access the router to change the NAT settings so if anyone knows another way instead of using SDM that would help

thanks

1 Reply 1

CFayNTAdmin83
Level 1
Level 1

You could try opening up a command window and using the telnet ip.add.re.ss command.

Also, if you have the cisco console cable you could use that with hyperterminal to get to the command line...

As far as changing the NAT settings go, you could do a "show run" command to see if you have any NAT commands in the config. I'd also use the ? command to see if you can find the setting in the IOS menu...

hope this helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card