Views
Helpful
Replies

Securing Clients within same AP

ptuttle
Level 1
Level 1

Is this possible within the AP itself.

I would like to be able to secure access between clients on the same access point. Is this possible.? I don't want to have to do any type of VPN.

There will about 10 users per access point and there is a need to secure these clients so that they cannot see each other at all.

I have played with mac filtering and protocol filtering but this does not seem to work for clients associated to the same access point.

Any thoughts / advice.

-pat

2 Replies 2

kagodfrey
Level 3
Level 3

Your looking for PSPF - Publicly Secure Packet Forwarding:

Publicly Secure Packet Forwarding (PSPF) prevents client devices associated to a bridge or access point from inadvertently sharing files with other client devices on the wireless network. PSPF provides Internet access to client devices without providing other capabilities of a LAN. With PSPF enabled, client devices cannot communicate with other client devices on the wireless network. This feature is useful for public wireless networks like those installed in airports or on college campuses.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/accsspts/ap350rn/rn1108t1.htm#xtocid5

Thanks very much. This works great. I was going down the road of setting up protocol filters etc.

thanks

-pat

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: