Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Seeking help...

Hi folks,

First time out here on the Cisco discussion board and seeking a little help...

My company currently has a WLC-4402-12-K9 in house and is up and running without issue (except that we're out of WAP licenses).

With that said, I finally got management to break down and upgrade to a 50 since we are expanding these days (yeah, there's a shocker!)  With that said, I need to find out the easiest way to pull the configuration off the old 4402-12 and roll it onto the 4402-50.

I'd really appreciate the help, my boss tasked me with this and although I can speak Cisconese without issue, this little beast makes me a bit "apprehensive" to say the least.  Foreign territory!!! 

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Everyone's tags (3)
6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Seeking help...

Firstly, you can no longer buy the 4400.

Secondly, I'd recommend you consider a 5508 with AP license of 100 instead of just 50.

Seeking help...

Thanks for the advice, however I did buy the unit from a hardware reseller (so I got that one covered). 

Now that I have the device, I seek the wisdom of all to configure this device to be an in-place upgrade to my existing 4402-12.

Thanks again though for the advice, next time I'll consider it.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Seeking help...

Do you want to REPLACE your 4402-12 with a 4404-50 or do you want to run them in tandem?

If you want to run the two in tandem, copy the config of the 4402-12 and change the IP addresses (except the virtual IP address).

If you want to replace, then copy the config across the 4404-50.

Cisco Employee

Seeking help...

Hi Steve,

Yes you can copy configs from one 4402 to another. Check this link :

Link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.0MR1/configuration/guide/cg_managing_ctrlr.html#wp1063850

You can also edit the config file ( post 5.2 code ) to change IP address etc.

I would recommend to move to 7.0.220.0 first on 4402-12 as in previous releases there were many things not copied when you backup WLC config..

Thanks..Salil

Seeking help...

All -

Your advice was right on target.  That's exactly what I needed to do and it worked like a charm.

Hats off to you...  THANKS!

Steve

Cisco Employee

Seeking help...

Hi Steve,

Can you mark the question answered so others can benefit as well while they search .

Have a good day.

Thanks.Salil

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content