cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

setup new access point 1200

hi

i have problem in install new access point 1200

the access point now not connect to any device iam connect the access point using ethernet cable to PC to configure it i try to using GUI but i can not iam setup the PC with ip address 10.0.0.2 and GW 10.0.0.1 and i try to enter to access point but i can not

i try to use CLI and i connect the access point to PC using console cable and now iam enter to it after the access point start i try to enter to config ter but i can not i get error when i check the command i can not see this command and when i read the manual its tell me to setup ip address using command (lwapp ap ip address) and i try to save ip address using command wr mem or copy run start but i cannot i get error

in prevelig mode i get only this command

clear Reset functions8B5E500 00001537 61300D06 092A8648

clock Manage the system clock

crypto Encryption related commands.

debug Debugging functions

dir List files on a

led LED lock Lock the terminal

more Display the contents of a file

name-connection Name an existing network connection

no Disable debugging functions

ping Send echo messages

pwd Display current working directory

release Release a resource

reload Halt and perform a cold restart

rename Rename a file

renew Renew a resource

rmdir Remove existing directory

save Start to save raise_interrupt_level stack

send Send a message to other tty lines

set Set system parameter (not config)

show Show running system information

systat Display information about terminal lines

terminal Set terminal line parameters

test Test subsystems, memory, and interfaces

traceroute Trace route to destination

undebug Disable debugging functions (see also 'debug')

upgrade Upgrade software

verify Verify a file

where List active connections

how i can setup it and how i can enable the radio

when i see sh run i see that the ip address is dhcp

can any one help me please

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: setup new access point 1200

Hi Nassem,

It looks like you ended up with a Lightweight AP (LAP Part#) instead of an IOS AP. This can be fixed;

Reverting the Access Point Back to Autonomous Mode

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/prod_technical_reference09186a00804fc3dc.html#wp161272

You can convert an access point from lightweight mode back to autonomous mode by loading a Cisco IOS Release that supports autonomous mode (Cisco IOS release 12.3(7)JA or earlier). If the access point is associated to a controller, you can use the controller to load the Cisco IOS release. If the access point is not associated to a controller, you can load the Cisco IOS release using TFTP.

Using a TFTP Server to Return to a Previous Release

Follow these steps to revert from LWAPP mode to autonomous mode by loading a Cisco IOS release using a TFTP server:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 The static IP address of the PC on which your TFTP server software runs should be between 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.30.

Step 2 Make sure that the PC contains the access point image file (such as c1200-k9w7-tar.122-15.JA.tar for a 1200 series access point) in the TFTP server folder and that the TFTP server is activated.

Step 3 Rename the access point image file in the TFTP server folder to c1200-k9w7-tar.default for a 1200 series access point, c1130-k9w7-tar.default for an 1130 series access point, and c1240-k9w7-tar.default for a 1240 series access point.

Step 4 Connect the PC to the access point using a Category 5 (CAT5) Ethernet cable.

Step 5 Disconnect power from the access point.

Step 6 Press and hold MODE while you reconnect power to the access point.

Step 7 Hold the MODE button until the status LED turns red (approximately 20 to 30 seconds) and then release.

Step 8 Wait until the access point reboots, as indicated by all LEDs turning green followed by the Status LED blinking green.

Step 9 After the access point reboots, reconfigure it using the GUI or the CLI.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/prod_technical_reference09186a00804fc3dc.html#wp161272

Hope this helps!

Rob

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: setup new access point 1200

Hi Nassem,

It looks like you ended up with a Lightweight AP (LAP Part#) instead of an IOS AP. This can be fixed;

Reverting the Access Point Back to Autonomous Mode

You can convert an access point from lightweight mode back to autonomous mode by loading a Cisco IOS Release that supports autonomous mode (Cisco IOS release 12.3(7)JA or earlier). If the access point is associated to a controller, you can use the controller to load the Cisco IOS release. If the access point is not associated to a controller, you can load the Cisco IOS release using TFTP.

Using a TFTP Server to Return to a Previous Release

Follow these steps to revert from LWAPP mode to autonomous mode by loading a Cisco IOS release using a TFTP server:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 The static IP address of the PC on which your TFTP server software runs should be between 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.30.

Step 2 Make sure that the PC contains the access point image file (such as c1200-k9w7-tar.122-15.JA.tar for a 1200 series access point) in the TFTP server folder and that the TFTP server is activated.

Step 3 Rename the access point image file in the TFTP server folder to c1200-k9w7-tar.default for a 1200 series access point, c1130-k9w7-tar.default for an 1130 series access point, and c1240-k9w7-tar.default for a 1240 series access point.

Step 4 Connect the PC to the access point using a Category 5 (CAT5) Ethernet cable.

Step 5 Disconnect power from the access point.

Step 6 Press and hold MODE while you reconnect power to the access point.

Step 7 Hold the MODE button until the status LED turns red (approximately 20 to 30 seconds) and then release.

Step 8 Wait until the access point reboots, as indicated by all LEDs turning green followed by the Status LED blinking green.

Step 9 After the access point reboots, reconfigure it using the GUI or the CLI.

From this doc;

Hope this helps!

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content