cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sh power inline

Islam Sallaj
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know why my aps are showing up as IEEE pd devices and others are AIR-LAP1142N-A-K9?

I find when they show up as IEEE they do not join to the controller. However now I am see that some that do show up as IEEE will join ok...however might not be stable...

Any thoughts?

Izzy

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Does anyone know why my aps are showing up as IEEE pd devices and others are AIR-LAP1142N-A-K9?

Mostly it's because of faulty cabling.

Can you specify exactly what the model of your switch is.  There could be a chance you could run a TDR.

TDR?

Running ws-c3750-48p 12.2(40)se that is the switch these aps are connected to

Thanks

ws-c3750-48p

Just want to make sure you didn't have a type-o here, but, the switch in question is a FastEthernet model and NOT a GigabitEthernet model?

Is there any switch with a GigabitEthernet copper port?  PoE or not doesn't make any difference.

TDR?

Yes.  TDR.  Read the link I've provided in my first post.  It'll give you a lay-man's-term of what TDR can do and help you in determining possible Layer 1 issues.

I don't see a link on your first post...using the iPad app...assuming there is no issue with that app...

The switch is fast Ethernet...I do have copper ports available I could use if needed to troubleshoot. For now however we are using fast Ethernet for all our ap communications. Is this an issue of any sort?

Are on a very old version of code so that is why I question a bug of some sort.

Izzy

Ok read a little bit regarding TDR... Not sure I have that tool here. Will have to check with the many fluke tools we have to see if we can test for TDR....

Maybe a tac case is needed here...

Izzy

I don't see a link on your first post...using the iPad app...assuming there is no issue with that app...

Here's the link:

How To Use TDR

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-18983

The switch is fast Ethernet...I do have copper ports available I could use if needed to troubleshoot. For now however we are using fast Ethernet for all our ap communications. Is this an issue of any sort?

For the 3560- and 3750-series family of switches, TDR is supported in the GigabitEthernet copper ports ONLY.

Not sure I have that tool here. Will have to check with the many fluke tools we have to see if we can test for TDR....

Almost all major Enterprise-class switch manufacturers now include TDR.  So you don't need to purchase a Fluke DTX-1800 unnecessarily.

I'll take a look at that doc...thanks...

All our 3750s are 10/100 copper. Have gig modules available that I can throw a copper gbic into....however it seems like you are saying it has to be copper gig port...not Sfp port...

Thanks

Izzy

however it seems like you are saying it has to be copper gig port...not Sfp port.

That's correct.  GLC-T and/or GLC-TX is not supported.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card