cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shaping - policing on a wireless bridge connection

Erik Boss
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question about a wireless bridge connection between 2 Cisco 1310g bridges.

Several subinterfaces are made and going over the wireless connection.

One subinterface has made for public internet access.

The customer wants to shape this to a maximum of 5 mbit.

class-map match-all Internet

match ip precedence 0

policy-map Internet

class Internet

set cos 0

Making and implementing is no problem, but some commando's are accepted but it won't work after showing the output

I applied the commando on the subinterface I created. But after a show run int fa0.xxx only the service-policy remained active.

The current IOS verion is quite old:

c1310-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEA3/c1310-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEA3

My question: is it possible to do what I want to achieve? Upgrading these bridges to the latest IOS version will fix it?

I can't find anything in the release notes or any other documents.

Or does anyone have another great idea?

Thanks!

Erik

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

take a look at the below guide for QoS on bridges.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/bridge/1400/12.3_8_JA/configuration/guide/p38qos.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/bridge/1400/12.3_8_JA/configuration/guide/p38qos.html

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

In the bridge itself you cannot do much since it does not support any action other than "set cos". Here is the extract from above config guides pointed by Stephen. Even other commands accepted, it won't work

"They support only MQC policy-map set cos action"

You should look at traffic shaping where L3 interface defined for that vlan if multiple vlan traverse across the bridge.

HTH

Rasika

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card