Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

simultaneous users on AP350

How many users can be working at the same time on one AP350 Series?

I suppose that there is a limit number of simultaneous users associated on a AP350, but how many of them work fine at the same time?

What is the same: what is the maximum number of users working fast on one AP350 simultaneously?

Does anyone know where I could find this information of other models of Acces Points?

TIA

5 Replies 5

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

350 AP with 802.11b is max 11MB..That is a shared media also So as many users as you add, the bandwidth will be suffered accordingly.

Now it can associate 2000 clients (users) easily at the same time but again bandwidth will be suffered accodingly.

Ok. I am sure you think the 2000 clients number is very high, but, what could be the limit to make clients work fine? I suppose it has to be some white paper or something similar.

Thank you very much.

I think we don't have any white paper like that..But since the users can associate, it can pass the data too..But the main concern is the data rates..It will be very very low with near max users associated..

interconecta
Level 1
Level 1

There´s a answer that some of us dislike and this is: "it depends"..

I understand that 2000 users is the maximum capability of your AP, but you dont want to associate 2000 users to the same segment, instead you should analize very carefully the kinda traffic that some of them will send trough the AP, for example maybe two or three power users will saturate the bandwidth depending on the applications they use, and maybe 300 assistants use 5 Mbps of the AP, because they only use it to print !! CAn you see the difference? An advice? Analize your segment, the number of user and the applications, remember all nets are quite different.

lbadman
Level 1
Level 1

25 - 50 is a safe "general use" ballbark, for conversation and web/email type use. If your users do more involved apps I'd agree with the "it depends" answer.

Lee Badman

CWNA, Network Engineer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card