cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Site Survey with 1142 AP

tmoffett
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The older Airespace APs had a site survey mode which was handy for just that. With IOS for the 1142 not being released yet, I was pondering a workaround

I was thinking of configuring an 1142 for HREAP - Authentication Local / switch local and then disconnect it from the network. I am unsure if the AP would bring the radio up if the Ethernet interface was disconnected? Can anyone comment on this?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

vkapoor5
Level 5
Level 5

You can also configure a fallback role for the access point radio. The access point automatically assumes the fallback role when its Ethernet port is disabled or disconnected from the wired LAN. There are two possible fallback roles:

Repeater-When the Ethernet port is disabled, the access point becomes a repeater and associates to a nearby root access point. You do not have to specify a root access point to which the fallback repeater associates; the repeater automatically associates to the root access point that provides the best radio connectivity.

Shutdown-The access point shuts down its radio and disassociates all client devices.

Thanks for the response, although I am not sure that the conversation is pertinent to my question...

I am only aware of these options in autnomous mode...

Tim

grzegorz.ciolek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I do not know if this answer your question but in our company we are using 1252 for SS. They are IOS type. Radio interface is up when there is no ETH connection. As far as LWAPP I think you you set H-Repa with WPA2-psk radio interface will be still up.

Cheers

Gregory

I think the issues is that if the h-reap ap looses power, then when the ap is powered up, it will need to join the wlc to obtain its configuration.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Okay, that was the answer I was looking for. I haven't tested that to be factual, but assumed so.

Thanks for the reply!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: