Views
Helpful
Replies

Small Business AP541n versus contoller system

IT Services
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon,

We have a scenario where we deployed 4 Cisco Small Business AP541n access points. Our office suite is int he middle of a office building and it seems that we have too much interference to run on the 2.4ghz spectrum. All the "healing" features of the AP541n are enabled but we were still seeing service loss. When we switched over to the 5ghz spectrum the issue went away but we are not able to support all devices that enter our network.

Could this situation have been avoided if we use a Cisco controller system that uses CleanAir? Are the AP541n features for wireless interference management similar or no where near as robust as CleanAir?              

Anyone have real-life experience similar to this?

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't have experience with the AP541n, but I do with CleanAir and non CleanAir AP's in a downtown building.  Its really hard to say, but CleanAir would help, but not if you have a lot of interference.  Use a free tool and look at the 2.4ghz spectrum.  If you see it being noisy, then maybe it will not help.  With 4 AP's you need to just get a WLC2504 and 4 3502i's or 3602i's.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card