cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SN number is invalid for aironet 1250 power injector

zhaobenny
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I have a cisco wireless power injector for Aironet 1250 but I called Cisco and was told this can't be found in the system

SN:PHI151600L2

can someone give me some points?

HZ                  

9 Replies 9

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yea, I might check with who you purchased it from first.

There are a few folks out there kcocking off Cisco gear and putting Cisco labels on fake gear. A guy here locally was recently sent to prison for 15 years for doing just that ..

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Hz,

You can not find the serial number of the power injectors on the system. The serial number (AFAIK) of those devices is not being written even in the contract.
If you have a contract with RMA privilege for the power injector and your injector goes faulty, then you don't have to return it upon receiving another injector from Cisco.

When a Cisco agent creates the RMA for a power injector the part number is used, not the SN.

So if you are going to RMA then the engineer does not need the serial number at the first place.

Part number that you need is AIR-PWRINJ4. You can find part number of the power injectors and power supplies for corresponding APs in the data sheet doc.

For 1250 AP, here is the datasheet:

http://tiny.cc/1dl5jw

(look for "Powering options" sectoin for part numbers).

HTH

Amjad

You want to say "Thank you"?
Don't. Just rate the useful answers,
that is more useful than "Thank you".

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I recognize that serial number, however, Cisco is correct.  You DO NOT give the serial number of the faulty injector.  Instead you give the serial number for any of the following WAPs you own:  1250, 1140, 1040, 3500, 3600, 2600.

If you have a valid Service Contract, they'll send you the replacment.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is the ticket, like Leo mentioned:)

You give a SN if another device (AP) so they have the ability to process an RMA.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you need to RMA the power injector, it must be listed under your contract. Otherwise Cisco will not (usually) approve RMA for your power injector. (or, if your RMA policy is NBD that part will probably take a month more or less if it is not listed under the contract).

I've worked with one of our customers in Kazakhstan where the user waited for about 4 Months for her power injector to arrive. That was because she does not have hte power injector added to her contract.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Amjad,

Per Cisco's limited lifetime policy, any Cisco device within 5 years of EOL can be RMA'd. You just have to remind them of this from time to time.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Oh, ya.

You mentioned this sometime before but I forgot.

I just remember the nightmares I went through with RMAs before more than rememering your really-useful advice.

I'll try to keep remembering it now.

But does that include the power injectors and power supplies...etc? The word "Device" is wide enough for someone to argue about.

But does that include the power injectors and power supplies...etc? The word "Device" is wide enough for someone to argue about.

Yes, you are correct.  Power Injectors and/or Power Bricks you need the serial number of the "mother" unit.  Power Injectors and Power Bricks are classified as "child".

That was because she does not have hte power injector added to her contract.

I have never heard of this before.  The Service Contract is on the WAP and not on the injector.

fbarboza
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

To be able to replace the cisco enterprise access points like the 1250 you need to open the case with the serial number of the access point itself and the power injector or AC adpater will be covered with the same service level as the access point itself.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: