cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Task List will not work with Aironet 350

j-loveless
Level 1
Level 1

When I install the Aironet 350 card and the client utilities on Windows 2000 or XP laptops, task list will no longer work. Hitting ctrl-alt-del brings up the normal window, but clicking task list simply returns me to windows, as if I had hit cancel. Uninstalling the utilities fixes the issue. Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

krubsack
Level 1
Level 1

The Novell Client32 software v4.8x does the same thing on W2K. My guess is that it has to do with the fact that both the Cisco ACU and Novell Client32 install their own GINAs alongside/in place of the Microsoft GINA. The reason I say this is that when I played with Aironet cards and W2K with Client32, I had to be real careful about what order I installed them, otherwise W2K would gripe about a GINA problem and go into a blue screen loop at boot.

What to do to resolve this is a question that I think needs to be asked of the respective developers.

MSNiCROS
Level 1
Level 1

Sounds like there might be something in the Startup group causing a problem. Check the Registry under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" for any Startup items associated with the Aironet client. See if the problem occurs in Safe mode also that will help to determine if it is a Hardware conflict of Software related issue.

Chris s. Raver

Microsoft Platforms Support

v-2crave@mssupport.microsoft.com

Checked registry. There are no new entires in the area you listed after the client software is installed.

Also tried safe mode. Task List does work in safe mode.

Doesn't matter if I physically have the card in the laptop or not. Seems to depend on client utility software only.

Any other steps/suggestions?

I'm betting on GINA problems too. Virus software, client software, Aironet client, etc all replace or link to the GINA (login prompt software that monitors CTRL-ALT-DELETE). I've had GPFs etc when virus software and netware clients replace the GINA... one replaces microsoft's, then another replaces netwares. sometimes I got no login prompt at all :-). Take it up with Cisco.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card