Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Total Wireless Solution

Hi Everyone:

I have some custome needs,and I'm wondering whether cisco's products can achieve this effect.

Here is the scenery.

I have a big company.And I have many guests.Meanwhile the guests want to suffer the Internet.

So I give them the Guest ssid,at the same time the questions are coming.

I choose the portal authentication method,cause I also want to push some advertisements which about my company.

After they watched the advertisements,then they are entitled to suffer the Internet.

And I also want the custome to finish the authentication by self-register .

Can Cisco's products achieve this effect?

Besides Controller and AP,what products should be considerd?listed names will be appreciated.

Should I refer to the third-party product to achieve this effect? Such as portal server.

Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.

• Other Wireless - Mobility Subjects
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Total Wireless Solution

The self registration can be handled by either a Cisco NGS or ISE, but since you want to do advertisements prior, it almost makes sense that a 3rd party tool would be required. The reason I say this is because you can have the wlc to point to an external web server and you can do the ads there and then any custom login page including data you want the client to enter. Then you can maybe script something that logs into the wlc and configures the guest username and password that he or she enters. Or you can look for a 3rd party tool that may do this for you. I don't know, because I never ran into having both of those requirements at a given install.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks, Scott *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
8 REPLIES

The self registration can be handled by either a Cisco NGS or ISE, but since you want to do advertisements prior, it almost makes sense that a 3rd party tool would be required. The reason I say this is because you can have the wlc to point to an external web server and you can do the ads there and then any custom login page including data you want the client to enter. Then you can maybe script something that logs into the wlc and configures the guest username and password that he or she enters. Or you can look for a 3rd party tool that may do this for you. I don't know, because I never ran into having both of those requirements at a given install.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks, Scott *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

Scott:

Can't it be simply done with passthrough auth with modified web bundle that has adv?

Or maybe with redirect page to external link that contains the adv after successful authe?

Thanks

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Well I believe the requirement is the ad along with guest user self registration. Self registration to me is enter in information that also would provide you with a login. If data is to be entered and to be kept in a db of some sort, then you would need an external web server. If you don't care about login, then passthrough to an external would work.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

Total Wireless Solution

Thanks for your reply.After my proposed my questions a few days,I haven't see anyone answer it.

So I didn't focus the forum's event.

About the advertisement,I also have the same idea like u,let the external web server to do this thing.

About the self-registion, I want to choose the ISE.

Above all's Idea haven't been adapted to the lab experiments cause these day's busy thing.

And I will to this demo experiment,any problems I will reply to u.

xuekai:

Were the answers Scott suggested useful for you?
Have we understood your requirements?

Thanks.

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Total Wireless Solution

Hi Amjad:

I want the adv before the authentication.Cause I want to let my custome to finish the adv first.

If I choose your approach,my custome maybe not to see these advs.

Thanks for your reply.

Total Wireless Solution

I did something like this for a small mom and pop hotel chain way back. We did a simple connectiong to a 3rd party box, like Nomadx, as i recall. The WLC didnt handle authentication at that point. The Nomad did all the heavy lifting.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

Total Wireless Solution

Hi George:

The 3rd party product what I refered,also do the authentication thing.

The radius server what I defined is also this 3rd product.

It's developed by China's Contract Company,even if I named it,you still

couldn't find that.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.