Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Highlighted

Trouble archiving an 1602I AP IOS

I have a 1602I AP that I need to reinstall the IOS, as per TAC, to see if it fixes an issue. I have an archived IOS image on our Prime Infrastructure server, but I can't find anyway to download it. I can't apply it directly because the issue is this AP is not able to get an IP address and connect to the WLC. So, I'm trying to get a copy from a working 1602I , save it to a tftp server, then copy to the broken AP. My problem at this point is that there is no Archive command on the AP I am trying to get it from. Doesn't matter if I am in Privileged Mode or not.  I'm pretty sure Copy only moves configurations, not the IOS .tar file.  I do not see the proper image in the Cisco download section and I'm not sure if I have the rights to get it. 

Point me in the right direction. 

7 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Trouble archiving an 1602I AP IOS

If you've got access to TAC support, why not download the IOS from the Cisco website?

Because I don't see the proper image in the list I am provided. 

Hall of Fame Super Gold

JohnW63 wrote:

Because I don't see the proper image in the list I am provided.  

Any why didn't the TAC engineer publish the specific version they recommended?  Please ask them to publish the image for you.

There has not been any TAC engineer involved other than telling me to try this step before they would issue an RMA. I should be able to backup and install IOS images without calling TAC.  I just went to the download area and looked.  I thought that I could get the answer I needed here. It seems like a rather simple, fundamental, step to take in troubleshooting an AP or a switch. 

To add some info...
A working 1602I shows this as the IOS file in flash:
ap1g2-k9w8-mx.153-3.JD3

The non working one shows this:
ap1g2-k9w8-mx.v153_80mr_esc.201505080412

Looks like it has been renamed and has a date and time appended to it.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

JohnW63 wrote:
ap1g2-k9w8-mx.v153_80mr_esc.201505080412

The filename tells me this AP is running an Engineering release IOS.  The TAC agent should be able to publish, upon request, this special version to you.

We certainly don't need a special release, as all the rest , as far as I know, are running the other version.  The version in the software downloads is .JF1 so it doesn't exactly match what the others have. Since they are all controlled by our WLC , I am hesitant to upgrade one beyond what the controllers know about. 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content