Views
Helpful
Replies

Trunking VLAN's over wireless?

MJonkers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to trunk the wireless connection so that we can put VLAN over the trunk. The VLAN's must be separated so on device in the VLAN 2 may not communicate to the VLAN 5 and vice versa.

Thx,

Marc

4 Replies 4

jolmo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Marc

Yes, its possible to trunk in Access Points. For more information:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080607188.html

HTH

I have vlan trunking set up and it works great. However, I can only see one ssid. I assume this is because the radio beacon can only broadcast one ssid. Are there any cisco products with two radios or something similar so that I could use one access point for 2 ssids (indide and outside) and vlans?

thanks,

Hi, I tought Aironet 1200 and 1100 can do multiple SSID with 1 Vlan per SSID?

I'm trying to connect AP 1200 to 2950-34 in trunk mode with Cat 6506 as the L3 switch in the backbone. I realized that in the trunk mode my laptop can only access 1 IP address. Is this due to long time for convergence due to VLAN and VTP or is it just plain wrong?

Thanks,

Any input is appreciated & please cc to bsutanto@istrainternusa.com .

Cheers,

Ben

Hi, Could send to me the configuration. I have a proble, with an Aironet 1200, it?s dotradio doesn't up. I'm sending you the configuration of both AP's. Thanks,

Regards,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card