Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Trunking VLAN's over wireless?

Hi,

Is it possible to trunk the wireless connection so that we can put VLAN over the trunk. The VLAN's must be separated so on device in the VLAN 2 may not communicate to the VLAN 5 and vice versa.

Thx,

Marc

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Trunking VLAN's over wireless?

Hi Marc

Yes, its possible to trunk in Access Points. For more information:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080607188.html

HTH

I have vlan trunking set up and it works great. However, I can only see one ssid. I assume this is because the radio beacon can only broadcast one ssid. Are there any cisco products with two radios or something similar so that I could use one access point for 2 ssids (indide and outside) and vlans?

thanks,

Hi, I tought Aironet 1200 and 1100 can do multiple SSID with 1 Vlan per SSID?

I'm trying to connect AP 1200 to 2950-34 in trunk mode with Cat 6506 as the L3 switch in the backbone. I realized that in the trunk mode my laptop can only access 1 IP address. Is this due to long time for convergence due to VLAN and VTP or is it just plain wrong?

Thanks,

Any input is appreciated & please cc to bsutanto@istrainternusa.com .

Cheers,

Ben

Hi, Could send to me the configuration. I have a proble, with an Aironet 1200, it?s dotradio doesn't up. I'm sending you the configuration of both AP's. Thanks,

Regards,

Views
Helpful
Replies