cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two 1242ag bridge with 5gz at 800'

campbellkm1
Level 1
Level 1

I need to bridge from our office to our shop that is around 800 feet away.  Here are the Details

I need the 2.4 ghz antenna for client access (Iphones are not compatiable with 802.11a)

The locations are 800 feet away but are line of sight.

I need to use the 5ghz antenna for the bridge

i have 2 aironet 1242ag's

I have 2 2.4 ghz AIR-ANT3213 antennas (planned for client access)

I have 2 2.4 ghz AIR-ANT2506 (maybe useless for this)

My problem is that the range of all the listed 5 ghz antennas.  None that i can find will bridge 54mb over the 5ghz radio for greater than 170ft

The closest that i can find is AIR-ANT5195.  If i put these on both sides and it is outdoors line of sight, will the best i can hope for is functioning and 6mb

are there any other antennas that would be a better fit? Are there options on 5ghz that i am missing.

Thanks,

Kevin

2 Replies 2

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Get yourself a pair of cheap tranzeo bridges. They are small light and do the trick. They are self contained units so no need for extra antennas etc ... I just hooked up a pair with Cisco APs on each end for end user connections. We are about 800 feet away as well, but we have LOS. I dont know what you have to puch through but i think not having LOS will be a bigger issue ..

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Kevin,

Please mark the Question as Answered, if the provided information by George is correct and it helped. By doing that others can take benefit as well.

Thanks,

Vinay Sharma

Community Manager – Wireless

Thanks & Regards
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card