Views
Helpful
Replies

Two TKIP Michael MIC failures were detected within 0 seconds on Dot11Radio0

ney25
Level 2
Level 2

Hi NetPro,

anyone who has encountered or seen this before ?

Error Msg - Two TKIP Michael MIC failures were detected within 0 seconds on Dot11Radio0 interface. The interface will be put on MIC failure hold state for next 60 seconds.

Warning Msg - Received TKIP Michael MIC failure report from the station 0019.d2be.fd3d on the packet (TSC=0x0) encrypted and protected by group key.

Warning Msg - Received TKIP Michael MIC failure report from the station 001b.7706.c63f on the packet (TSC=0x0) encrypted and protected by group key.

your reply will be higly appreciated.

thanks.

Regards,

Jack

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

When I saw it, it was due to some older Intel NIC drivers.

The drivers were updated and we never saw it again.

The default setting (when getting two Michaels) is that the AP will shut down for a while, then come back up ... so a symptom is that everyone's connection bounces.

Good Luck

Scott

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

When I saw it, it was due to some older Intel NIC drivers.

The drivers were updated and we never saw it again.

The default setting (when getting two Michaels) is that the AP will shut down for a while, then come back up ... so a symptom is that everyone's connection bounces.

Good Luck

Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your information, yes i heard it was due to driver as well. but i just curious, if user didnt update the driver will this interfere to other wireless users ? coz, AP keep receiving the error.. so, will it be influenced to the Wireless performance ?

your reply will be highly appreciated.

thanks.

regards,

Jack

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card