Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Two TNC connectors on Aironet 1310 for external antennas

Hi All,

I have been checking the "Cisco Systems Aironet 1310 Intallation" manuals, and have noticed that the external antenna model has connectors for two antennas.

My question is if this device could be used as repetitor (logically splitting the signal between the two antennas)?

I will appreciate any comments.

Best Regards,

Igor Sotelo.

3 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Two TNC connectors on Aironet 1310 for external antennas

PS.

I will be linking two LAN's in two different cities, and there is no line of sight between them. The connection will be using a third station that has clear vision with both points.

Although you can't fit two antenna to service two connections you might be able to get it to work with a single omni on the "relay" station so it can "see" both the remote stations. I've used this setup before and sometimes you can route traffic end to end, sometimes not. A certain solution would be 2 x 1310 at the central point connected with a cross lead. That way you are running two separate bridge connections and everything will work just fine, needs another bridge though : (

No, you can not split the antennas, they will either act as one, or they will do diversity. Referenced from :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5861/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a00804d3437.html

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content