Views
Helpful
Replies

UK Cisco 5Ghz Bridge

m-briody
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Members,

Any news on a Cisco 5GHz Bridge (such as Aironet 1400 or equivalent) that is certified for use in the UK (IR 2007).

Aparrently we can go up to 4W EIRP with IR2007 on 5GHz bridging, much better than 2.4GHz allowed power.

I don't think I can use the North American model as it doesn't have DFS & TPC, and uses different channels.

Thanks in advance,

MARTIN.

3 Replies 3

sorvarit
Level 1
Level 1

Isnt the 1400 series certified in Ireland? Wonder why its not certified in ETSI area as you state we can now use 4W from 5,725-5,850MHz so the 1400 could be useful here also.

Another alternative is the 1500 LWAP mesh series that i believe could be use since it support briging as well. Currently our business use the 1242AG to do 5GHZ briging, but this currently doesnt go higher than 5,725MHZ so we are stuck to 1W EIRP.

Hope Cisco could be so kind to enable functionality for 5,725 and above soon!

The 1400 is certified in Ireland, but nowhere else ETSI (I believe).

Using the 5.7-5.8GHz spectrum in the UK requires a license from OFCOM.

You're correct about the american kit - it doesnt implement 802.11H so DFS & TPC aren't available to you, hence it's illegal in the UK.

1500 MESH APs are still under ATP in the UK - only certain partners can sell it to you. I can sell it ;o)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card