cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Customize Internal and External Radio Network

limsh
Level 1
Level 1

I am using AP1200, install with 2.4GHz internal radio and 5GHz external radio module. I am using Web GUI to configure the APs. We have 1 floor in our office which need 5 APs.

Please advise me how to customize radio network for both internal and external. For example, in "Express Setup" page, AP Radio: Internal: I click "Custom" and choose the channel. Thereafter I click "Apply" or "Ok". I am sure I save the changes in "Express Setup". I don't understand why when I return to "Express Setup" page, the option goes back to "Throughput" instead of "Custom". This behaviour apply to AP Radio: Module as well.

Thanks

Lim SH, Singapore

6 Replies 6

derwin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Lim,

What version of firmware ? this does not sound like normal operation

Hi Derwin,

Thanks for your reply. Firmware version is 5.01.02

and BootBlock Version is 1.59

Thanks

The AP will have the format of

12.03T for Vx Works or

12.2(11)JA for IOS

If you loggon to the AP's home page via HTTP then in the top left hand corner you will see what you are running

Hi Derwin,

It shows 11.56.

Kindly advise

Thanks

I have not seen a issue like this in 11.56 but would be really interest to know if you see the same thing in 12.03T can you try that firmware and let me know

Hi Derwin,

I have 1 AP1200 which is running version 12.01T1, VxWorks. Apparently, it has the same issue. Just wondering is this a normal behaviour of AP1200.

I can customize the channel(under Express Setup -> Optimize Radio Network For -> Custom)

However, when I click 'Apply' in Express Setup

, exit and return to Express Setup page, the 'green dot' goes back to 'Throughput' instead of 'Custom'

Thank You

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card