Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to determine Radio Type - Error on 340

faisal-farooq
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have some strange kind of problem with Aironet 340 Series Bridge.

When I start it, it gives the error

" Unable to determine Radio Type "

Also it does not give the SSID and other DSS related parameters, instead it gives a new option of FH (Frequency Hopping).

I have searched all the troubleshooting documentation of Aironet but there is nothing mentioned like this . Please help me out.

Thanks.

Faisal Farooq

faisal@skycom.net.pk

3 Replies 3

blue.modal
Level 1
Level 1

That does not sound like a current model. Aironet did make some Frequency Hopping gear prior to their acquisition by Cisco, but I don't remember a FH bridge - perhaps an AP?

Matthew Wheeler

Chief Wireless Architect

www.BlueModal.com

Dear Matthew Wheeler,

The Bridge was previously working fine on DSS. I am also amused at the fact that it is giving FH options. Do u have any idea how to bring this Bridge be able to work on DSS again. I have also even upgraded the Firmware. Can you please guide me if there is any solution. I can also open the Bridge if some solution is involved in this as the warranty of this Bridge has expired.

Regards,

Faisal Farooq

So it still think's it's a FH device after an firmware upgrade? If you can RMA it, I would.

If not, try replacing the card inside it with a 340 or 350 series LMC card. (That would invalidate the warranty, but if you had a warranty you would have used the RMA option!)

You have me very curious.

Matthew Wheeler

Chief Wireless Architect

www.BlueModal.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card