Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to ping clients within the same VLAN

I'm using Aironet 1100 AP, with LEAP authentication and using ACS v3.3 as radius server. I created VLAN 1 set as native vlan (for management vlan), VLAN 25 (for guest users) and VLAN 50 (for my internal users).

I have two (2) internal users leap authenticated and associated to VLAN 50 in AP without any problem. Both of them (internal users) can ping the Access Point and the Radius Server. But the problem is both of them (internal users) CANNOT ping each other. With firewalls disabled.

And only the users on different VLAN (VLAN 25 and 50) can ping each other.

How can I solved this issue? Any help?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

simonstoll
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Is it possible that you enabled the port-protected feature on the Dot11 Subinterface associated to VLAN 50, that would do exactly what you described; the other thing could be the Windows Firewall (XP SP2) which also denys by default any pings, but you said that you disabled any firewall?

"bridge-group XXX port-protected"

Best regards

Simon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

And to add some information, I am using IOS 12.3(4)JA

simonstoll
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Is it possible that you enabled the port-protected feature on the Dot11 Subinterface associated to VLAN 50, that would do exactly what you described; the other thing could be the Windows Firewall (XP SP2) which also denys by default any pings, but you said that you disabled any firewall?

"bridge-group XXX port-protected"

Best regards

Simon

Hi,

It worked!

Thanks.

Dave

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card