cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to ping/telnet/access gui of access point accross WAN

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

After several weeks of testing I have recently installed a Cisco Aironet 350 wireless access point and network at one of our sites. The network is working fine however I cannot connect to the access point remotely across the WAN. I cannot access the web interface of it or ping, tracert or telnet to it.

If you are on site this is possible but accessing it from across the WAN it is not working.

The access point is connected to a Cisco 2950 switch into interface fastethernet0/2 which is configured to 100MB full duplex

When tracing to the access point, the trace goes across the WAN to the

site however it gets no further than the router of that site.

Could anyone offer any advice as to how I can resolve this as I need to get onto the access point to be able to administer it. The other site is on a different subnet I am on 10.1 subnet with mask 255.255.0.0 and the access point is on 10.5 subnet with same mask.

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Make sure that you have not applied any access-list(ACL) or any other similar filters in the gateway router Acess Contol Lists filter network traffic by controlling whether routed packets are forwarded or blocked at the router interface. Your router examines each packet to determine whether to forward or drop the packet, based on the criteria you specified within the ACL. ACL criteria can be the source address of the traffic, the destination address of the traffic, or the upper-layer protocol.

Check if you have any acesslist to deny the 10.1 subnet. If so, by permitting thsi subnet in the AXL, you will be able to ping, browse or telnet to the access point. See this document for more information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps1018/products_tech_note09186a00800a5b9a.shtml

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card