Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Access - 3850 Wireless / ISE Connection Delay

Hi Experts,

I currently have a customer problem. We use the 3850 switch as a mobility agent and a 5508 as mobility controller. For AAA we user ISE with profiling. 

We run 802.1X in the wired and wireless enviroment (Access is 3850 only). In wireless we experience a delay on the first login of the day. So, when the client associates to the SSID it takes very long to get an IP Address. All following associations work fine.

This also happens on the guest (non 802.1X) SSID.

Do you have clue of the reason or where to start troubleshooting? 

Best Regards

Michael

3 Replies 3

Hi Miichael,

Have you enable DHCP snooping on wireless user vlans on your 3850 ? It is a recommended feature.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Hi Rasika,

not so far. But how does this affect the connection delay? Is the wired and wireless bahvior different regarding dhcp snooping?

I was also thinking if this has something to do with inital association. Maybe there is something wrong with the MC?

Best Regards

Michael

As per Cisco's recommended best practices, yes DHCP snooping is one of them.  I would enable it on your wireless user vlans & see if that makes any difference.

Here is what 5760 Best Practices Guide says,

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: