cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade AP Image from Cisco 3850 w/ Integrated Wireless Controller

andrew.schaefer
Level 1
Level 1

I have just deployed a new 3850 with the integrated wireless controller and 2 2600i APs. Before joining the APs to the controller, I upgraded them to the latest LWAPP image. It appears that they were downgraded when joining the controller the first time. Is there a way to install the latest version of LWAPP software back to the APs from the 3850 controller?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Andrew,

LAP always download the image run on a WLC (in this case 3850). So no point upgrade LAP independantly as it will always sync with image run on the controller it joins.

In this case you can upgrade 3850 to 3.3.2 (which is the latest image as of today) if you are not already running that code

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful resposnes ****

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi Andrew,

LAP always download the image run on a WLC (in this case 3850). So no point upgrade LAP independantly as it will always sync with image run on the controller it joins.

In this case you can upgrade 3850 to 3.3.2 (which is the latest image as of today) if you are not already running that code

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful resposnes ****

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card