Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade needed but no space in flash

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all

If I want to upgrade my cisco 1200 access point to later code, but when I try it, it says no space left on device.

what do I need to do

the files on the device are:

config.txt

r0.rcore

private-multiple-fs

c1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEA

private-config

env_vars

cheers

Carl

4 Replies 4

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

Are you using the "archive /overwrite..." command? That should work for removing the image first, but maybe it removes it after the new image is loaded?

If that's not working, you need to do something dangerously fun! Since the image file is no longer used once it's loaded, you can remove it once it's booted.

1. Remove the existing image (c1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEA)

2. Transfer the new image to the device

3. Reboot

And now you hope and pray that the image didn't get corrupted as you switched it over. If you find yourself in ROMMON mode, try using the boot command to manually boot the file your transferred.

Hi there

I did the delete /force /overwrite command or something like that. managed to get the new file on there. However I cannot web manage the Access point,

What do I need to do here?

cheers

Carl

Oh, didn't see this post. I guess you made a new topic for it, so we can move discussion over there.

Gary Smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Carl,

I think I may have given the same answer in another post but you need to issue the following command;

archive download-sw /force-reload /overwrite tftp://10.0.0.2/c1200-k9w7-tar.123-8.JEB1.tar

Change the tftp addr and ios ver to match what you have. This will overwrite the existing IOS so there will be enough space in flash.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card