cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade recommendations for controllers / WCS

bmayfield
Level 1
Level 1

Currently running Wism on 4.2.61 and have another to put MESH code on. Our WCS release is 4.2.62.0

Would appreciate input on the right mix of releases to move to supporting mesh on one wism and no mesh ap's on the other - for now. thx

3 Replies 3

wesleyterry
Level 3
Level 3

The latest mesh release is 4.1.192.35M MESH

and the latest non-mesh is 4.2.176.0

There are the 5.X releases but I keep hearing people say not to go to it. They also just released 5.2.157.0 which supposedly supports mesh again. However, in 5.X you can't use 1505 and 1510 Mesh APs nor can you use the 1000 Series Access Points (like the 1020).

With all the said, I'm guessing your safest bet is to do one controller on 4.1.192.35 and the other on 4.2.176.0...

What kind of mesh are you looking to do anyhow? Enterprise Wireless Mesh (indoor)? or just the 15XX series outdoor mesh APs?

Outside Mesh w/1522- have also heard concerns with 5.x controller code. But not too much with the WCS code... what I have seen is 4.1.192.35M supported with 5.x WCS only.. In fact I was planning to install what you listed until checking WCS release notes on supported controller code.

Well this is interesting. 4.1.192.22M Also says it is compatable with 5.x WCS... and further down it says it only works with the windows 2003 variant (not linux). But I am running 4.2.81.0 WCS and I don't have any problem with my 4.1.192.22M controller.

Furthermore, the 4.2 code that I suggested only says it work with like the 4.2.110 WCS.

I guess now I see why you wanted to know a good solution for all 3 together. I just know I've never had a problem with my controllers and WCS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: