cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Tool - LWAPP

hrios
Level 1
Level 1

We are upgrading 800 APs to lightweight. I know the upgrade tool can only upgrade 6 APs at a time. Can I run the Upgrade tool on two different computers at the same time so that I can upgrade more than 6?

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can run the upgrade tool on multiple PC's at once. The limit of 6 AP's is per session on the tool.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

dominic.caron
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I've upgraded 789 AP overnight in july.

2-3 pc upgrading AP is the max you want to use. SSC key are a mess to manage. If you want to know anything, fell free to ask

I'm aware that some APs purchased before 7-05 will need to have the certs copied to the WCS if roaming will occur between WLC4404 controllers. Are you aware of this? If so, how did you manage through this. We also will be upgrading 400+ 1230 IOS to LWAPP.

After upgrading APs to lightweight, the upgrade tool generates a .csv in the Upgrade Tool folder that contains the APs MAC address and its SSC. You can import this filel to the WCS and then push it to all the controllers.

First,

On each controler, make sure your AP will fit in the local database (AAA/General)

After that, Make one of the Controler Master Controler. This will be the controler you give to the AP with DHCP.

Start Converting AP... You need to make room on the Master Controler from time to time and send APs to their primary controler. Before sending APs to their primary controler, distribute the .csv generated by the upgrade tool to all the controler.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card